Sunday 15 June 2014

All Together Now





These pictures are from Melbourne, Australia when Ringo was reunited with The Beatles on 14th June 1964 after his stay in hospital. I've always felt sorry for Jimmie Nicol who stepped in for Ringo, it must be pretty rough to be so in the centre of it all but with the knowledge people aren't there for you. He flew home the next day with zero fanfare, and didn't even get to say goodbye to the Beatles as they were asleep when he left. He later stated: "Standing in for Ringo was the worst thing that ever happened to me. Until then I was quite happy earning £30 or £40 a week. After the headlines died, I began dying too."


I have so many clippings from this period in 1964 regarding the Australian tour and Ringo's hospitalisation that I had hoped to post on the 50th anniversary of the events, but unfortunately times run away from me and I didn't get to post them on time. These things are always interesting though, so no matter, they will be posted eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment